National Standard 5: Audit Results (Aucte)
The recent bedside audit noted, that while 100% had their arm bands in place, only 86% had the correct black on white (written or bradma) lables. Correct identification was documented 96% out of 105 patients observed.
Compliance with checking all 3 patient identifiers occured 91% of the time over 99 patients. 6% had only 1 identifier checked and 3% for two identifiers
- Pre medicine: 73% out of 96 patients
- Before a procedure: 78% out of 96 patients
- 10% did not have any identification confirmed
Our goal is 100% across the board for all areas.
More information on can be found:
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care
- Standard 5: Patient Identification and Procedure Matching Fact Sheet
Thank you for your participation.