Eyes, Ear Nose Throat, Dental
- To manage common eye conditions, including removal of foreign body
- To recognize and refer serious eye conditions
- To learn some recognition and management of some common and serious dental emergencies.
- Additional training for E.N.T presentations
Recommended pre reading
- Hughes T & Cruickshank J. Adult Emergency Medicine at a Glance. Chichester, West Sussex, UK : John Wiley & Sons, 2011. Chapter 21 Ear, nose, throat and dental problems. Chapter 22 Eye problems.
- Pre ENT lecture reading: TechTool review and ENT resources and EMC Emergencies
- Pre Eye lecture reading: The NSW Eye Manual
- Pre ENT Lecture Quiz (to be completed prior to the lecture): Download here or complete online
- Pre Eye Lecture Quiz (to be completed prior to the lecture): Download here or complete online
- Answers to Pre-Eye Lecture Quiz
Learning Resources - presentations and self directed workbook cases
Other learning resources
- NSW Eye Manual - NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation
- ENTsho.com accessible ENT know-how for health professionals
- Antibiotic Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG Complete via Clinicains Health Channel) – Eye infections, Oral and Dental infections, Respiratory tract infections: other. These are VERY helpful as a guide when NOT to use antibiotics and contain excellent management and patient information resources.