Welcome to the Emergency Department Resource site. We aim to provide a structured education program for junior medical staff aimed at covering issues within the department from clinical diagnosis and patient outcomes.
MENTAL HEALTH ACT 2014 - On-line training module for all nursing and medical staff BHS Emergency Department - all staff to complete
Emergency Clinical Escalation Guideline 2016 - Important for all ED Staff !
Doctors outside of Ballarat Health Services
Please feel free to use the resources on this website. We simply ask that if you use any material you credit us appropriately. We would love to get your input and feedback.
Our goal is to provide a high quality education resource for emergency medical staff that is cost free and password free. We are particularly interested in providing learning resources to people who are not enrolled in formal training programs.
We have some feedback and information about the ACEM EMC in Ballarat and education programs here.
Emergency Department Observership Program
PLEASE NOTE: there are no date available for future placement
The BHS Emergency Department has provided an observer program for several years. It serves as a dual purpose exercise as it exposes the International Medical Graduates (IMGs) to the Australian medical system and local procedures as well as allowing the department to observe clinical experience and assist in recruitment.
We are able to offer limited placements for IMGs, 2 -4 weeks, unpaid positions(s) within our Emergency Department. Expressions of Interest are welcome however we ask you please be aware of our selection criteria, including;
- AMC certificate – minimum requirement is successful completion of both the AMC MCQ and Clinical Examinations (please include dates for both)
- Previous experience within an Emergency Department or Critical care setting
- Preferably a less than 2 year gap in clinical practice
- Appropriate VISA status
All applicants meeting these criteria will be short listed for consideration.
Please include in your application (in dot point) responses to the following:
- Why you are interested in Emergency Medicine
- Previous experience working in an Emergency Department or Critical Care setting
- Previous experience working within a hospital setting
- AMC Exam information (included dates for both parts)
IMPORTANT: We DO NOT take appointments for IMGs to discuss potential Observer positions with any member of the department.
Email your Expression of Interest, including CV and cover letter to email@example.com